Translate

Monday 7 January 2008

Growth in Spirit

God's grace be with us all.
It is my wish to better relate to Yahweh.
Reading the Bible, prayer, meditation and contemplation is a well-trodden path called lectio divina which I wish to follow.

Today is the Monday after Epiphany.  The first reading comes from 1 John 3:22-4:6. Basically,  John (probably the Elder) assures us that by keeping the love commandment of Jesus, that we love one another, we receive from God whatever we ask because God would be living in us.  John also advised us to test every spirit. Some spirits come from the anti-Christ, false prophets who deny that God would incarnate and became flesh.
God knows me in and out, through and through. He knows what I need most and He surely would give me more than I ask. I know not what to ask. At the moment, I pray for the mental soundness of my Mum, of my friend Galli and of my godson 'Sam' who has been confined to wheelchair and suffered a lot physically and for my daughter's godmother, Mary who has been living alone after the demise of her parents. Oh! there are many more of you whom I want to pray for. Some are beyond my reach to console or to extend my sympathy. I pray for greater strength to be able to love you more.

I will not be able to attend Maggie's matrimony mass the coming Saturday. She is such a sweet lady. How much I wish to share her joy. Yet, I am torn between a biblical course I very much want to attend in full and her matrimony mass. At the moment, the only thing I can contribute to her is to train up my 5J students to sing in her mass. This is a good opportunity to put what they have been learning into real life context. In S5, they studied family & marriage in their RS for the CEE. Now, they will be able to witness their teacher make a vow before all to commit herself to the sanctity of married life. I believe the occasion will be a very positive experience for all my students. I deeply regret not being able to be present. But I hope my students will be able to carry my love and my spirit over there to the bride and the groom.

When we are able to live up to the demand of Christ until God lives in me, there will be no doubt that God has incarnated and become flesh in Jesus because He has incarnated in me. I become a refutation to the anti-Christ. I become a witness to the mystery of Incarnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment