Translate

Wednesday 10 November 2010

I have been very lucky

God has been very merciful to me and patient with me. Throughout my teaching career, He kindly puts me in elite schools. The students are capable and challenging. I am privileged and honoured to share my life and grow up with them.

These two days, Shung Tak held her annual Sports Day in the Yuen Long Stadium. I am able to see the other sides of my students.
In the last few years, I was assigned the Chief Position Judge. Which means, like the time-keepers of track events, my helpers and I have to work nearly non-stop throughout these two days. That doesn't pose me any problem. I enjoy mixing with my helpers, practising English with them outside the classroom. These prefect helpers prove their worth. Very quickly, they are able to organize themselves and do their jobs autonomously. When some of them take leave to take part in their events, the remaining helpers are able to re-deploy themselves into a new formation. They take turn to recuperate themselves.

The track events are breathtaking. It is the first time I see some of them in a totally different shape. In school uniform, some of them look untidy, or genteel or lady-like. However, you cannot imagine the power and perseverance they show on the track. Of course, some of them have not done enough warm up or are overloaded. It hurts to see them cross the finishing line in agony.

This year, the cheering teams from four houses gave us a surprise performance. A combined team was formed to perform an energetic dance in front of the guests and the whole school. The chief choreographers: Monique, Angel, Stephanie, Zoe and Jasmine are all my girls! These girls can really dance and it is the first time I see their talents beyond their studies. Students from elite schools can study, play and know how to manage their time well.

Jacky, Arthur, Castolo, me and Vincent in Yuen Long Stadium

Photo credit: by Calvin Loo
Before I leave, the Boy Scouts in my class want me to post the following gossips on this blog:
Castolo is handsome. (I agree. Yes he is.)
Jacky is strong. (True.)
Arthur is clever. (No doubt about it.)
Isaac has a lot of room for improvement. (Of course. Everybody has.)
Bobby is obese. (OK. You know the word obese.)
Vincent's running posture is like an aeroplane. (No comment. I have not seen it.)
Christie looks like a beautiful hippo. (Jacky says so.)
Christie always massage Leo's hand. (Of this, I have no idea.)
Tammy has a red nose. (OK, I'll take a closer look next time.)
Last but not least, Mr. Kwok is the most handsome and
Ms. Yiu is very attractive. (This is blatant flattery! But I love this.)

Dear Lord, I thank You for allowing me to grow up with my students. Bless them so that they may help build our future society with compassion and justice. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment