Translate

Sunday 16 December 2012

Gaudete Sunday 2012

It is a coincidence that the graduation ceremony of Saturnia, my daughter, was held today, the Gaudate Sunday, the third Sunday in the Advent Season. Christmas is just around the corner. Following the advice of St. Paul in Philippians 4:4-6, we should "Gaudete in Domino semper (Rejoice in the Lord always )".

Her graduation today is truly a joyous day. Her birth marked my gradual recovery from diabetes which will always never go away. It cheers me up to emerge from depression. She is such an adorable girl and I must work harder to stand on my feet again to live with my diabetes. She sat for HKCEE RS examination as a private candidate and scored an A, which washed away my shame in Shung Tak where the passing rate of my students barely went beyond 50%. It was a matter of candidates' attitude towards the subject. I rejoice in the Lord and am proud of Saturnia.

Erminia, Saturnia and me in the Grand Hall of Convention & Exhibition Centre

What is my secret of joy? Not money, not status, nor a comfortable life.
I am able to earn enough money to maintain my family. I evade authority and power to stay away from troubles. I live with my diabetes which is rather inconvenient. Yet, I am used to it.
John the Baptist says,
His winnowing fork is in his hand, to clear his threshing floor, and to gather the wheat into his granary, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire (Luke 3:17).
It is the Lord who clears his threshing floor, not us. We incur troubles on our heads when we take over the job of the Lord. Therefore, judge not and we will be happy. Stay in my station and collaborate with my colleagues to discharge my duties faithfully. Stay simple and this is my secret of joy.

Dear Lord, let me and my family rejoice in You always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment