Message to
the Form 7 La Sallians
1995-96
I believe in God, I also believe in man who was created in the image of God.
I believe that man is basically good, though sometimes, he or she would lapse for a short while.
Man in moral. I believe that morality must be evolutionarily beneficial to the continued existence of the homo sapiens, "Might is Right". That is the rule of the savage Nature. But man must struggle as a community in order to survive in this hostile environment. Morality binds men together as a community. Therefore man must be a moral "animal". Yet, he is evolved from the animal kingdom. That is why I said earlier that sometimes, because of short-term survival pressures towering over him or her, that he or she would lapse for a short while.
It takes tremendous moral courage to stand up for one’s convictions, principles and this courage needs be cultivated. (Otherwise, you will be eliminated before you can pass on your genes!) How? By placing yourself squarely in your position. Do not evade your responsibilities (as a professional, as a middle-manager). By facing the attacks and challenges, you are "able to flex your muscles", make them stronger! By taking the easy way out, by compromising your principles, you lose control of your body and your soul. High-sounding?! No, it is a matter of life and death.
Yours in the Risen Lord
Alex Kwok
on the Feast of St. Thomas, the Apostle,
who taught us to have strong faith in God.

No comments:
Post a Comment