Translate

Friday 27 March 2009

Songs

I have been a lucky man. I was brought up in a normal low-incoming family, spending my formative years in a low-cost housing estate. My father has been a hard working shopkeeper to bring me and my younger brother up, my mother an ordinary housewife like any others. We experienced financial hardship but I managed to graduate from the university and land in a steady job as a teacher. God has been very kind to me.
One of my classmates was less fortunate. He never knows who his father was. He grew up as a step-son and in his wedding banquet, his surname did not appear in the banquet hall. In his youth and throughout his life, he manages to attract and establish liaisons with different women. In the end, he divorced his wife and is probably living with another woman. He needs to establish his identity through these different liaisons. His life is a totally different song from mine. As an RS teacher, I have difficulty in speaking against divorce.
for God created man for incorruption, and made him in the image of his own eternity,
but through the devil's envy death entered the world, and those who belong to his party experience it
  (Wisdom 2:23-24).

My God, we are Your songs. When we finish our coda, remember us in Your eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment