Translate

Thursday 24 June 2010

Nativity of John the Baptist 2010

Like John the Baptist, each Christian should be a precursor of Christ. John the Baptist preached a baptism of repentance to prepare the hearts of the Jews to receive the Messiah. We Christians should do likewise to prepare the hearts of our people to receive Jesus Christ.
Today, the Church celebrates the birth of John the Baptist. There are many things about the Baptist we can meditate upon.

One strikes deeply in my mind.
He must increase, but I must decrease (John 3:30)
How often I want to be important! How much I want to be the focus of attention! In such occasions, I have forgotten the Baptist. I have forgotten Christ.
I have forgotten how meagre I am. I have forgotten who made me what I am.

Dear Lord, make me see my true nature. Make me see my potentials. May I be Your faithful precursor to bring people to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment